Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stuff That's Annoying Me This Week

1. People who post way too much $hit on Facebook, usually very large "funny" posters or pictures which take up half the page.  Okay, the picture of the puppy sleeping with the lion was cute and all, but I don't need to see 43 others with similar themes.  I also don't need to know that you're checking in at a local restaurant/Yankee's game/bordello.  I do know some people who might be interested, though.  They're called stalkers and burglars.  Keep posting for them, I'm sure they'll "Like" it.

2. "Captcha" ridiculousness.  You know, the little insidious box containing one or two words which must be reproduced at the bottom of a log in page?  I had to hit "new words" FIVE TIMES today on one website, because I could not even determine if the letters in one of the words was from the English alphabet.  And of course, the unidentifiable letters are always in the word which is a nonsense word, like, "chooberasku."  You can always see the legitimate word just fine.  I sit here in a panic, concerned that I'm going to be arrested or locked out of my own bloody account because of this annoying feature.

3. People who do not reply to emails nor make any attempt to tell you that they've read your mail but they're just too busy/tired/annoyed with you to reply.

4. Dirty dishes.

5. Cracked plastic ice cube trays.  They leak all over, and you end up with 2 deformed ice cubes.  They cost like 92 cents for a pack of three!  Why do I keep them?  I don't know.  I threw one out today.  Oh yeah, I'm on a rampage.

6. My cat, in a likely coup to re-claim his territory because of our temporary Pit Bull Family Member (who is in a new home, by the way), has pee'd somewhere, and I can't find the location.  I have laundered every household item that can fit in the washing machine, and apart from hosing down the walls in the house, I'm at a loss.

7. Never breaking even or coming close to it, when I gamble.  I mix my bets, take some risks but make some sensible decisions, and still.  Nada.  Or mostly nada.  I'm not asking to win huge amounts, I don't expect that.  I don't even mind taking a loss.  But most times, if I walk into a situation with $50, I'm leaving with $0.  And it's not because I won $200 and put it all back into more gambling.  Fortunately, I do enjoy the whole process, I am genuinely pleased for those around me who hit it big, and even wining $5.10 is exciting to me, but some day, just once, I'd like to win more than what I wagered. Or walk out with $10 of my original $50 spent.  I know I will never have an addiction to gambling, because I never win enough to get me salivating for more.  I guess I should be happy for that small blessing.

8. Facebook apps/games and the amount of crap that they post on your Wall.  Which must be posted on your wall or you can't waste er, enjoy, the time you spend growing your crops and feeding your pigs.  What's even more annoying is people who stalk your Wall and accuse you of not replying instantly to the mail they sent at 1:44 a.m. when they know you were on because you reached the 23rd Mastery Level of flax growing.

9. Dirty dishes.  I know I said that already.

10. I'm sure I could eventually come up with something else to put here, but I am done with my rant for now.  I just didn't feel it was appropriate to leave the list at just nine items.

No comments:

Post a Comment