Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Solitaire Tweets

Well, it was a busy weekend, and I don't feel like writing on topic, so I'll write about something else.

Ever since receiving my Kindle for my birthday, it pretty much never leaves my side, when I'm home (which is a lot).  After experiencing some of the gruesome examples of free ebooks (now I know why they're free), learning how to use my email, wishing that my thumbs were smaller, and being mortified at how gross the screen can get, I somehow got sucked into the world of apps.

Now, I should know better, because I got sucked into Facebook apps at one time, and boy, it was like another full time job to take care of my other lives as a farmer (in multiple countries, mind), a cafe owner, a mafia boss, a frontier lady, a chocolate shoppe owner, and who knows what else.  I remember rushing home after work in fear that my crops would wither or my souffles would go bad.  Pretty sad, I know.

But no, I did not learn my lesson.  So, I did the Angry Birds thing, and yes, I now have Solitaire on my Kindle.  Now, I should tell you, that I play Solitaire on my regular computer.  The regular kind and the Spider kind.  It's just zombifying, drool-inducing behavior, used to occupy my time when I'm on the phone or  need a "distraction."  You would think that two versions of Solitaire on one computer would be enough.  Now I have to have portable Solitaire.

What amuses me is that there are advertisements that come up and interrupt my exhilarating and fast-paced play action.  Usually about cars or refrigerators.  Occasionally though, there are ads regarding the company that provides this free app.  Of course, they want me to like them on Facebook.  Apparently, they want me to Tweet about them as well.

Now, I don't know much about Tweeting, and really could give a hoot about it.  To me, it just sounds like a more obnoxious form of Facebook, and I just want no part of it.  I wonder though, why the hell anyone would Tweet about a Solitaire game.  I mean, I am pretty mortified that I'm actually using the app, but what exactly would I Tweet about it?  "Dang! I just lost another game because I couldn't get to the 3 of Clubs!  LOL smh!!"

It's not like there is a benefit for Tweeting, they're not offering me anything extra (it's already free), and I highly doubt that anyone would be interested in hearing about my Solitaire follies.  Sure, I suppose that a human skin suit wearing stalker of mine might see it and think, "Ooo, Catherine has that app! I must get it!", but other than that, I'm thinking this Tweet thing is not going to pay off for the app company in the long run.

It's bad enough that I have to police my Facebook page so that people can't see that I viewed the picture of the day which was a fat squirrel eating a popsicle.  There's no way I'm going to announce to people that I'm now playing a third version of Solitaire on my Kindle.

Oh, wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment